Saturday, January 30, 2010

Literature: The Wodden Bowls=My Response

I read The Wooden Bowls off of the website: http://www.inspirationpeak.com/cgi-bin/stories.cgi?record=147

I think this story is sad at first when the family makes the grandfather sit by himself at dinner because he is a messy eater and is very annoying at the dinner table, but when the father realized what he did and that is was wrong he changed his mind right away and led the grandfather right back to the dining table. What was wrong about what the father did was he was being respectful to his father. That was my favorite part in the story because the father did the right thing right when he realized it was wrong.

I think this story relates mostly to the E in C.A.R.E.S.: Empathy because the father at the end is being empathetic about the grandfather's feelings. I think the lesson that is taught here is family is family no matter what. This means that you have to be care and respect other people's feelings especially your family because they will love and support you no matter what.

No comments: