Wednesday, December 30, 2009
What I learned about Heredity and Traits?
I learned a lot about heredity and traits on that tour. I learned that Humans have two complete sets of twenty-three chromosomes, in all you have fourty-six chromosomes. When adults conceive a child, they each contribute one complete set to the child. That way the child will have half of there mother's traits and half of there father's traits. The chromosomes that a child gets from its parents are chosen randomly, there is no way to choose what traits your child will get and what traits your child won't get. I also learned a lot about inheriting traits. When adults have a child, they pass one of there two alleles to there child. The child's trait is determined by the alleles he or she receives from his or her parents. Each child from these parents can receive a different combination of alleles. I learned many more things on that tour, but I thought these were the most interesting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment